Ladies of the Parish come and join Nick Senz starting on September 19, 2019 from 10:00 am-11:30am in the Main Conference Room
The success of the Faith Formation of our children depends a lot on the generosity and dedication of volunteers. These volunteers, who become Catechists or classroom aides share their faith and love for Jesus smile teaching our youth of our parish as they grow in the Faith. We are in need of volunteers for the upcoming 2019-2020 year which begins in August. We will provide you with the training, tools and support to assist you in this Ministry. If the Lord is calling you to be a part of the ministry, please contact Ms. Marianna Aguirre at [email protected] for Elementary grades or Ms. Julie Cosby at [email protected] for Middle School and High School grades.
In celebration of 120 years, St. Jude is partnering with Dynamic Catholic to present PASSION & PURPOSE for MARRIAGE! Informational Flyer attached.
Growing and building a great marriage does not happen by accident. To celebrate the vocation of marriage we will have best-selling author and communicator, Dr. Allen Hunt here to share life-giving principles which are necessary for success in relationships. This event is perfect for engaged couples as well as married couples. Dr. Hunt helps us understand our marriage as a pathway to heaven!
Please join us Passion & Purpose for Marriage
Volunteers are needed for the Hope Center program, which focuses on hospitality, encountering clients, and giving them hope. Roles are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am-1:00pm. Volunteers are also needed for the Transportation program, which provides both long and short-term transportation to clients. Roles are available Monday through Friday between 7:00-10:30am and 2:00-6:00pm.
Register now for volunteer orientation!
1. Visit our website at: https: www.catholiccharitiesfortworth.org/get-involved/
2. Under the “How To Volunteer” section, complete Step 1 > Volunteer Application
3. Complete Step 2 > Volunteer Registration
Below are the upcoming orientation sessions:
Arlington Campus is located at 917 W. Sanford St., Arlington, TX 76012.
Thursday, September 7th at 10:00am – 12:00pm
Hope Center Program
Thursday, September 7th at 2:00pm – 3:30pm
We look forward to you joining our volunteer teams to further our mission of ending poverty in our community!
Parish Advisory on Texas Right to Life (from Bishop Olson and TCCB)
The organization Texas Right to Life at times seeks volunteers from parishes and Catholic schools to participate in their efforts. We write to inform you of our concerns with Texas Right to Life and we urge parishes not to participate in their activities or allow the organization to use parish sites. ( Texas Right to Life is not to be confused with Texas Alliance for Life or Texans for Life Coalition , which are separate organizations and remain consistent with the bishops’ positions.)
1. Conflicts on pro-life reform. Texas Right to Life often opposes the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops and has implied that the bishops do not faithfully represent Church teaching. Part of the dispute is rooted in Texas Right to Life’s rejection of incremental pro-life reforms, which bishops support following the guidance of St. John Paul II’s Evangelium Vitae . An incremental reform is one which improves the current situation but does not reform the status quo as much as we might desire. It is “incrementally” better than the status quo. Evangelium Vitae states: A particular problem of conscience can arise in cases where a legislative vote would be decisive for the passage of a more restrictive law, aimed at limiting the number of authorized abortions, in place of a more permissive law already passed or ready to be voted on… This [vote] does not in fact represent an illicit cooperation with an unjust law, but rather a legitimate and proper attempt to limit its evil aspects. (EV, 73)
2. Conflicts on end-of-life reform. The bishops have been compelled to publicly correct Texas Right to Life’s misstatements on end-of-life care and advance directives, in which Texas Right to Life implied that the legislation the bishops were supporting allowed euthanasia and death panels rather than the reality that the legislation reflected the long-standing Church teaching requiring a balance of patient autonomy and the physician conscience protection.
3. Texas Right to Life’s voter guide. Finally, Texas Right to Life publishes a scorecard that purports to show which Texas legislators are pro-life. We believe this publication is not based on a fair analysis of a legislator’s work, but rather upon whether the legislator has followed voting recommendations of Texas Right to Life. Unfortunately, a number of legislators who have consistently voted for pro-life and end of life legislation have been opposed by Texas Right to Life.
Catholics must continue to engage. This guidance should not be used to discourage pro-life ministry or advocacy in any way. To this end, we strongly recommend that Catholics volunteer at and contribute to their local: • diocesan Respect Life office, • Gabriel Project, • Project Rachel, • 40 Days for Life, and • pregnancy resource centers, which can be found by visiting the Texas Pregnancy Care Network’s Find a Provider page. We encourage all Catholics to engage in pro-life legislative advocacy by engaging with the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, joining the Texas Cath olic A dvoc acy Network , and by supporting pro-life groups which engage in respectful legislative advocac y . The Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops is a federation of all Roman Catholic dioceses and ordinariates located in the State of Texas. For more information, please call us at 512-339-9882, visit us online at txcatholic.org , or email [email protected]
Wedding Ministry is in need of volunteers
The St. Jude Wedding Ministry is seeking parishioners interested in joining our ministry who are available to assist our Brides and Grooms at rehearsals and weddings held in our church and chapel. Ministers should have availability of AT LEAST one weekend (Friday Night/Saturday morning or afternoon) per quarter year. If you would like more information, please contact Pam Rodrigues @ (817) 938-3190 or [email protected].
El Ministerio de Bodas de San Judas está buscando feligreses interesados en unirse a nuestro ministerio que están disponibles para ayudar a nuestras novias y novios en los ensayos y bodas celebradas en nuestra iglesia y capilla. Los ministros deben tener la disponibilidad de por lo menos un fin de semana (viernes por la noche/sábado por la mañana o por la tarde) por cuarto año. Si desea más información, por favor contacte a Pam Rodrigues @ (817) 938-3190 or [email protected].
KofC's Leading Rosay
All St Jude parishioners are invited by Knights of Columbus Council members to pray at the Holy Family Monument located across the street from the church and in front of the St. Jude Center. The Knights lead in praying the rosary as well as the Divine Mercy Chaplet on the first Saturday of each month from 8:30AM—9:15AM in our efforts to save the lives of thousands of unborn children. They ask the support of all parish members both young and old for this important endeavor.
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON L ICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN.
CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÓDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUBCAPIT ULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO.
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.07, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPENLY CARRIED HANDGUN), A PER SON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A HANDGUN THAT IS CARRIED OPENLY.
DE CONFORMIDAD CON LA SECCIÓN 30.07, DEL CÓDIGO PENAL (TRASPASO DE UNA PERSONA CON LICENCIA CON UNA AR MA DE FUEGO VISIBLE), UNA PERSONA CON LICENCIA BAJO EL SUBCAPÍTULO H, CAPÍTULO 411, DEL CÓDIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE LICENCIAS DE ARMAS DE FUEGO), NO PODRÁ ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD CON UNA ARMA DE FUEGO QUE SEA LLEVADA VISIBLEMENTE.